Friday 11 March 2011

Puppet Preview.

I was hoping to get this puppet finished for the weekend and post it in full, but that's unlikely to happen. I have college work, baking work, a family christening and other social functions which take precedence over the next few days. 24 hours in a day?! Come-on!! They should be 3 times that long!

So, here's what I've done so far (cos I can't stand not updating any longer). I have to detach the latex face from the skull and put the eyes in. Then maybe add some eyebrows - I haven't decided yet. I'm holding the fur in place for photo's sake. Hopefully, I can complete it within the week, depending on how much sleep I require.

Mobile phone pic.

6 comments:

  1. Whoa! Looks awesome! Very Brian Froudish. You're definitely working that mask technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, cheers, Jon! Brian Froud did spring to mind when I saw the pic up on the blog. I guess we get influenced by artists whether we want to or not. Though I am a fan, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so great Dean ! You seem very comfortable with the mask techniques. The fur is a really nice artistic choice, but heavy headaches could occur while animating that puppet.. Does the Freddy Krueger's eyes are for him ? Can't wait to see more pictures of your Chewie (haha, i would love to see a full body pic of your puppet with an ammo belt and a crossbow).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Thanks, Vincent. I'm afraid he's a bit fatter than Chewie in full body pictures. He doesn't yet have fur everywhere, and I messed up with the hands, so it could be while before I finish it. The eyes are for another puppet I've done. Another 2 actually - practice makes perfect, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying watching you bring your puppets to life. Looking forward to seeing the finished work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, and thanks. I just checked out some of your sculptures - great work. Not sure about the seafood recipes, though! Haha.

    ReplyDelete